Besides the spanish football team these are my favourite five spanish-related things of the moment. Nom nom nom.... or in spanish... nom nom nom.... !
1. See: Sin Nombre [ Without name ] A movie about gangs, love lost, the all too often fatal journey of people from central america to Mexico to cross to the US, scared boys masquerading as men hiding behind guns and tattoos, the loss of innocence and the ties that bind us and latin-american thugs as young as eleven. It reminds me a bit of City of God and yes, I watched it and cried. SOFT i know! If nothing else but to see if you can keep the water-works at bay better than I can this is a Must-See....
2. Spanish Community Rap - just because its funny and pretty much how us non-spanish speakers like to study..
3. Caramel churros at Churros Corner, Main Street. que delicioso! It's run by a small Argentinian family who are really friendly and everytime I go in it seems to have a lot of spanish-speakers speaking in dramatic tones - I admit I secretly love to eavesdrop and see how much spanish I can grasp [which isnt much], pretend I'm in Spain or South America and bite into the most amazing caramel churros known to man and the universe and the occasional crispy empanada. AMAZE.
4. Listen: 'Poli' by Mexican band Zoe
Above is the link to the music - I couldn't embed it because it's copyrighted but below is the video just in case anyway, its a remixed version which i dont particularly care for but the original video & music me encanta!
5. Tapas on Oxford street at Cantina Bar & Grill,
Perfectly cooked chorizo sausage, grilled haloumi cheese, mushrooms with garlic and parsley, spicy lemon calamari, spanish meatballs .. the list goes on.. all washed down with a few glasses of sangria and of course, because i am a grandma, some peppermint tea. nom nom nom!
Casi siempre quiero estar en Espana todavia... pero por esto momento estas cinco cosas me hacen feliz! Espero que tu fin de semana fue hermoso!