Wednesday, September 8, 2010

belargerthanlife

'You can be anywhere when your life begins. When the future opens up in front of you. And you may not even realize it at first, but it's already happening' - Crazy/Beautiful
1. Crazy/Beautiful 2. My Sister's Keeper 3. John Lennon, Yoko Ono & son 4. Where the wild things are

On Monday night I had the pleasure of hearing the youngest Bishop in Australia speak in a small pub in Parramatta, he shared with us the story of his life, and while there were a lot of things that stuck with me this in particular kept replaying in my head..(with slight editing by me *ahem)..

"Politicians A lot of people are so scared of being shot down they often don’t stand up for anything. They try and make themselves the smallest possible target by disclosing to the public as little as possible, by hiding the values they believe in for fear."

In Australia, we're not as used to the spotlight as our American cousins, we've got something called 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' and you're more likely to be applauded for taking a back-seat than riding shotgun..We're never ones to raise hands in lectures and quickly write off those who do as 'know-it-alls' and -'show-offs'.. but what is that saying about us? I've been quoting too much.. mostly because I can't find words of my own to say what I want to say. And somebody always says it better..
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson
Heed the call - go on - be larger than life - sin miedo, sin limitaciones - ser más grande que la vida.

4 comments:

  1. Que cambio! de Australia a España!
    Aquí en Mallorca tenemos un barrio muy bonito donde viven muchos Australianos, a ver si vienes a hacernos una visita!
    Espero que te vaya muy bien Málaga, desde luego lo tendrás fácil porque escribes muy bien en español!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are such inspiring words and photos!
    That quote by Mariam Williamson was just read to me by my cell leader at church, and it's great to read it here again. It's a sign! haha!

    stylebouquet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MissMyFish - muchisimas gracias! definitivamente voy a visitar Mallorca en el ano proximo - no puedo esperar! He escuchado muchas buenas cosas de Mallorca - las playas, el sol, las fiestas... ! Y por supuesto, la ropa!!

    @Abi loved that you love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. I feel like that this year. I am finally taking control of my life and doing what I really want to do.

    I love your blog, seriously.

    windowshop78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete