Thursday, October 7, 2010

whenyourkneesgetweak

1. Crazy/beautiful 2. My Best Friend's Wedding 3. Little Rascals 4. Ten things I hate about you

I don't care what people say, I love kids movies and romantic comedies and I get the sneaking suspicion that deep down everyone - yes, even the boys - are suckers for it too. Again, here are a few of my favourite old-school movies. Just because.
 
I'm hooked on the kind of American movies that get replayed on Saturday nights on channel ten when you've passed on going out and decided to have a night in - movie-night-classics. Who doesn't want to be the crazy girl with issues in Crazy Beautiful that still gets a guy anyway, or can't relate to Julia Roberts being compared to Jello rather than Creme brulee in My Best Friend's wedding and being the one he doesn't choose, or melt at Alfalfa's talent-quest tribute to Darla singing with soap bubbles coming out of his mouth and Julia Styles flashing a teacher to get Heath Ledger out of class. Epic gestures never go out of fashion. 
Take notes, people.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I just had a flashback to the 90s! I absolutely love romantic comedies. No secret there. Especially when they are sent in high schools like 10 Things About You. I can't count how many times I've seen that film!

    And you're so right about the channel 10 thing Grace. Only here its channel 29, 63 and 47. I just saw My Best Friend's Wedding last weekend! Haha!

    Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photos! They are really lovely.
    I Like that kind of movies too :) But I didn't know anyone of those films!
    Thanks for your comment :)
    We keep on reading each other! :)
    (sorry if my english is bad jaja)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha Abi it's good to know I'm not the only one who stays in on the weekend watching movies I've already seen a dozen times!

    Belen tu ingles no es mal, esta bien! yo necesito ayudar con mi espanol! ajaja gracias por comentar y leyendo mi blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. freak-stick loves these movies! X

    ReplyDelete