Thursday, November 4, 2010

Some days are better than others

Balmoral Beach, Sydney Australia

Hazelnut Gelato. Climbing rocks. A beach without waves. Silence. Babies and prams and nannies. Old people with skin like tanned leather. Families. Co-operative weather. My sister. Fedoras. Summer songs. Beach. 

The weather finally decided to cooperate (well, for the first half of the day at least!) and Bas and I thought it would be the perfect time to clock in some beaching. The weather has been temperamental and I've only been to the beach once this spring (and there was a thunderstorm, lightning and all) so it was great to kick back, lay down the beach towel, close my eyes and relax. The best thing was that it was a weekday, the beach was quiet and weather absolutely gorgeous! Balmoral is one of my favourite beaches because the water is near still, it's a family beach and has the best hazelnut I've ever tasted, bar none. Some days are better than others. Some days are pure gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment